Saturday, March 7, 2009

lets fix her up- and live the dream!

Ok, Ya Gotta love a bus that came with "the foot". It was stashed under the drivers seat- turns out it makes the gas pedal too heavy- Bummer.
Next up prep! the Key to a good paint job- and in staving off the Rust! also a Lot of hard work- so , I prioritized, figuring it will be easier to replace a door than the whole floor pan! I kicked A$$ on the floor- used a dremel, and got every little inch of rust to go bye bye. should have worn hearing protection though. My ears were ringing for 2 days!















So, I got it prepped to Death, and then...



I Shot the whole thing with rattle can truck bed liner by duplicolor. 10 bucks a can- I needed 3 for a good solid coat. I figured it would be an awesome combo of rust preventative, And provide some sound deadening due to the rubberized texture. Smart move I think....time will tell.





Then, I "patched up" the many holes in the floor with metal tape. They were all pretty small-and mostly leftover from previous camper equipment- but there were a few small "through rust" spots that I fixed up really good.







Progress feels Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment